Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wino Wednesday: Merlot


Should I try it? I'm not sure if I'll like it. It might be too bold for me. I won't like it. These might be some of the things going through your head when you want to try a red, but eventually talk yourself out of buying one because you don't know much about reds (other than the cheap gross one your buddy gave you in college). The truth is, red wine really is an acquired taste, so here's a really great one to start you off: Merlot. Merlot can taste woodsy, fruity, and nutty all at the same time. It is usually dry, but a little sweeter than other reds. It complements dark chocolate...well it must be good if it goes down well with that, right? This merlot in particular is very mild, perfect for the beginner, but artful enough for the masters! Smoking Loon Merlot is by far my absolute favorite of the merlots because of its versatility and mildness (some reds give me headaches). I bought this bottle at Safeway for $7.90, but it is cheaper if you purchase 6 bottles of any wine. Do you have a favorite merlot? I'd love to hear what your favorite is. If you've ever tried this, what did you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. Following through Bloggy Moms!
    http://www.sahmandusmcwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...