Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu Plan Monday January 17th - 23rd: Mexican Fare and Make-Ahead Meals

I don't know why I have a hankerin for Mexican food this week. As I was browsing through recipes, they were just...calling to me, so I picked 'em! Orgjunkie.com usually has really scrumptious recipes on her blog, so make sure you check out her Menu Plan Monday and some of the other bloggers who have linked up to her post for more great recipes to inspire you! Some of these cost a little more money than I usually spend, but the taste is well worth it. Most of the recipes are pretty affordable. Make sure you check out the Chicken Posole recipe that costs under $5 to make!

Monday: Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken with green salad and Jasmine Rice

Tuesday: Brown Sugar Meatloaf with brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes, and bread machine rolls (Thanks mom for the bread machine!)
I'll be making the meatloaf earlier in the day, then my husband can pop it in when he gets home!

Wednesday: Homemade Chicken Enchiladas - this is my adapted recipe from my sister-in-law.
This too, will be made ahead and I'll be making extra so I can freeze some for a later meal in a couple of weeks!

Thursday: Fend for Yourself Day!

Friday: Tortellini Spinach Tomato Soup with Spinach Berry Salad
This soup looks so yummy I can hardly wait until Thursday to eat...umm...make it!

Saturday: Smoked Cheddar Cheese Tamales, beans, and brown rice

Sunday: Chicken Posole and salad

If you like any of these recipes and want to know when I post more of them, make sure you check out the Foodies tab under the title in the tabs! The best way to stay in the know for my blog is to subscribe to the emails! You can do this by entering your email address in the white box in the upper right hand corner! I'm so glad you stopped by! Let me know if you would like to know more about these recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...