Monday, January 10, 2011

Menu Plan Monday January 10th - 16th: Game Night and Simplicity

Photobucket

This week the only really important thing going on besides the usual ever-important daily goings on, is
THE DUCKS GAME AND THE 
BCS CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!
We're not excited or anything here....
So, tonight we're having finger food and pizza!
Here's my list of essentials:
  • frozen Tombstone pizza
  • cut vegies and fruit
  • nachos with all the fixings
  • chips and Artichoke and Spinach Dip GOT IT! (I'm hoping to get the recipe in time to make my sister's mother-in-law's recipe). It is to-DIE for!!
  • Lil Smokies from the Crock
Tuesday:
I got got pork spare ribs from Safeway last week for $1.99 per pound, and they'll be so easy to broil when I get back from class! I love homemade bbq sauce, so I'm gonna try out a recipe that looks really great!
add a salad and Jasmine Rice to make it a complete meal!

Wednesday
I discovered last week that my Pre-Calculus class is going to actually run the entire length of class, so it will be the latest two night of the week. In honor of this...LOL...Wednesday's are now Leftovers Night (or fend for yourself night).

Thursday:
I still have a freezer bag of frozen turkey leftovers I need to use up, so I'm going to use this recipe that Laura on orgjunkie.com used in her menu a couple of weeks ago. 


Friday:

Saturday:
Homemade Pizza Night
Here's a great recipe for a crust from Smitten Kitchen
I'll get some help from the kiddos and everyone can put their own toppings on it! The nice thing about that is that I can have my favorite toppings: spinach, tomatoes, bacon, and alfredo sauce! This is also the perfect way for me to use up an open jar of spaghetti sauce that wasn't completely used up last week!

Sunday:
GO SEAHAWKS!!!
You didn't think I'd forget about the 
Seahawks vs. Bears Playoff Game did ya?
Dinner will be simple...maybe some bear or somethin....
No really, I think we'll have some Homemade Clam Chowder, since it's the hubs favorite dinner, then add some yummy dinner rolls and salad. 

Make sure you stop by I'm An Organizing Junkie to check out her week's menu and where I got the idea for posting my weekly menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...