Monday, January 31, 2011

Cheesy Cornchip Casserole

I threw this together for a quick meal last night after getting back from our camping trip. It was crunchy, cheesy, and had just the right blend of everything to make kids and adults love it!

Preheat your oven to 400.
Spray 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick spray.
Layer the pan with corn chips (just enough to cover the bottom)
Then, add ingredients in this sequence:
2 cups prepared rice (brown or jasmine)
1 small can mushrooms
1/2 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
corn chips or corn tortillas (again, just enough to cover)
1 (15 oz) can of corn
rest of diced tomatoes
1 small can sliced olives
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar

Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serves about 6-8 people.

*Note: If you don't want the fat/calories from all of that cheese, just reduce it to what you're comfortable with.

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness that looks good and easy with items I typically always have on hand. I think I might have to try that for my family tomorrow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...