Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tumwater High Teen Flagged for Touchdown Nod to God

I promise I won't make my blog all about political commentaries...as most of the time, I don't have the patience for trying to argue my point with someone who most indefinitely will never change their mind regardless of the evidence presented. But this is one I can't sit by and let roll off my conscience. A teenager made a touchdown in his 2A game from Tumwater High and then he knelt and pointed to the sky in reference to his God. Refs quickly flagged him, citing that he violated WIAA rules by drawing attention to himself. What's wrong with this picture? It feels like the government, because of the fear of violating some peoples' rights, is violating others' rights in order to get there. It's hipocracy. We have the right to deny God, but we still have the right to embrace him. Why do people feel so threatened when a teenager attributes his skills to God? Feel free to check out a full article with videos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...